Central air conditioner
The central air conditioner is the best option to cool your living space or workplace in the summer. These types of air conditioners are less noisy, easier to install, and very energy efficient. In this article, we provide step-by-step instructions for installing maintenance, and servicing this kind of conditioner. All you have to do is install the indoor unit indoors, install the outdoor unit outdoors and connect the two through pipes and power cables.
In central gas coolers, cool air circulates through the supply and return duct system. The cooled air is transferred to the house through the supply ducts and back from the air conditioner. This cooled air becomes warmer after circulating in the home environment and eventually returns to the central air conditioning system through return ducts and registers, and this cycle is constantly repeated. One of the functions of gas coolers is to help dehumidify the incoming air.
Note that if you use a central air conditioning system in your home, turn off the fan at the same time as the compressor, and do this by setting the “automatic” mode to the fan setting. Remember that you should not use the central fan of the system to provide air circulation, but you should use the fans circulating in separate rooms.
If the air conditioner is installed correctly and without any mistakes, it does not need to be replaced or overhauled for years and might only need minor and routine maintenance. But the problem is that many central air conditioners are not installed properly, in which case even modern air conditioners may perform as poorly as old air conditioners; Therefore, you need to observe the following points so that there is not the slightest problem when installing and maintaining your air conditioner.
Keep in mind that to install a new central air conditioning system you must:
Provide adequate interior space for installation, maintenance of the new system and install the access door to clean the evaporator coil.
• Use a channel measurement method such as the American Air Conditioning Manual (ACCA).
• Make sure there are enough vents and space to deliver cool air as well as return air and warm air to the cooler.
• Install ducts in the right place.
• Seal ducts with duct mastic and insulate attic ducts.
• Place the condenser unit in a place where the noise does not disturb you and your neighbors at night.
• Place the condenser unit in a place where an object close to it does not obstruct the flow of air towards it.
• Make sure that the newly installed air conditioner has an accurate refrigerant charge and a certain amount of airflow.
• Make sure the thermostat is away from heat sources such as windows or ducts.
If you want to replace your old air conditioner, be sure to replace the evaporator coil with a new system that exactly matches the condenser coil in the new condenser unit; Because if the evaporator coil remains in the previous location, the efficiency of the air conditioner will not improve, in other words, the old coil can cause the new compressor to fail.
Tips for buying central air conditioners
When buying a central air conditioner, make sure that it has the following features:
• Be sure to have a high-temperature thermal expansion valve (EER), usually greater than 11.6, to increase its efficiency when the weather is very hot.
• Must have an air controller with variable speed
• Its noise is as low as possible
• To reduce the cost of ventilation, especially at night and when the weather is not too hot, a switch should have only a fan.
• Have a filter control light for comfort in reminding you to change the filter.
• Have an automatic delay fan switch to relieve the fan after the compressor shuts off.
Tutorial for installing an outdoor unit of air conditioner
1- Install the outdoor unit in a place away from people, dust, and high heat and in a place that has the most shade. Find the hole you made inside, next to the indoor unit mounting plate, and install the unit at a convenient distance from it so that the pipes and cables can be connected easily. There should be at least 30 cm of free space on each side of the unit and there should be no obstacles from the blower side up to 2 m.
2- Place a concrete slab on the ground under the outdoor unit. Do not install the outdoor unit directly on the ground. You can use the bases for the outdoor unit. This unit is very heavy and can be moved on soil or rock. So be sure to place it on a concrete slab or base. Place this plate in the installation location and make sure it is smooth.
3- Secure the outdoor unit on the base. Place a rubber cushion on the concrete base to minimize vibration. Then install the unit on this cushion and fasten it with screws.
4- Check the electrical wiring of the outdoor unit. Remove the power unit cover of the outdoor unit. Make sure the wires are connected properly according to the wiring diagram of the unit.
5- Connect the pipes and cables to the outdoor unit. Connect the copper pipes coming from the indoor unit to the service unit valves of the outdoor unit. Also, connect the power cable that came from the indoor unit.
Service of the central air conditioner
Regular periodic service will increase the efficiency of your air conditioner and also reduce electricity bill costs. The polluted air filter prevents the air conditioner from circulating the air inside the house properly, and the result is that the air conditioner has to work for longer during the day, and you may have to change the temperature settings because you will not feel comfortable even with the air conditioner working more.
Contaminated condenser coils cause the refrigeration compressor to malfunction, which imposes more current on the power supply, resulting in increased electricity bill costs.
Periodic service will save you a lot of money by finding problems before they get bigger. Not only does a dirty condenser coil causes the air conditioner to run more and increase electricity costs, it may also cause the compressor to run faster, resulting in premature failure. The cost of inspecting and cleaning the condenser coil is much lower than the cost of replacing the compressor.
In addition, periodic service can detect and fix other issues such as water leakage in the system that can damage the air conditioner or building.
Central air conditioner service steps
For air conditioner service, you should perform the following inspections step by step. You can find the problem of your device with the information of the air conditioner service guide better.
Thermostat: The first step is to check the thermostat inside the house. Make sure the part is properly connected and working.
Airflow: Then you need to check the outer panel of the air conditioner. The empty space around the air conditioner is very important. This space should be at least half a meter. This space helps the air to flow well around the AC and the coil to breathe.
Air conditioner wiring: When he goes to work for air conditioner service, he will turn off the air conditioner. This will ensure the security of the service process. After the AC power outage, it is time to open the air conditioner panel. At this stage, the internal wiring must be thoroughly and carefully inspected to ensure that the wires are fully connected and possibly not burned.
Check the condenser and capacitor of the central air conditioner
The service of the air conditioner should also carefully check the condenser and capacitor of the air conditioner. At this stage, these two parts should not be swollen.
Gas charge rate
At this stage, the air conditioner servicer measures the gas pressure by connecting the manifold gauge to the air conditioner. You should assess the issue of whether the gas charge of the air conditioner is regulated according to the instructions of the air conditioner service or not? If the amount of gas charge is more or less than the specified limit, your split air conditioner will need service and gas charging.
Central air conditioner fan and compressor
The compressor is the heart of the air conditioner. Make sure that the compressor and fan are working properly during your inspections. Hardening of the fan and compressor causes them to heat up and eventually burn both parts.
Central air conditioner engine
Does your air conditioner engine need lubrication? The air conditioner engine must be lubricated during service. Be sure to pay attention to this issue when checking and servicing the air conditioner.
Central air conditioner air filter
At this stage, you must make sure that the air conditioner air filter is clean.
The last step of the air conditioner service is to clean it. This is very effective in improving the performance of your device.
Central air conditioner maintenance
In the following, you can see the most important issues related to air conditioner maintenance:
• Cleaning and washing the outdoor unit
• Cleaning and washing the inner panel
• Wash the filters
• Charging the gas
• Amp test
• Annual and regular service of air conditioner
• Gas leak detection and charging
• Replacement of inverter and conventional air conditioner compressor
When does the central air conditioner need repair?
• If for any reason an error code is displayed on the screen of your air conditioner, first reset the device, if it does not resolve, be sure to contact a reputable center to repair your air conditioner.
• Hearing abnormal sounds in the operation of the air conditioner, whether it is from an external engine or its internal panel
• Due to the operation of the condenser (outer panel) and evaporator (inner panel), the air conditioner does not have proper cooling, this disorder means that the air conditioner gas charge is empty
• Display error or error code on the display of the internal panel of the air conditioner